Friday, January 13, 2012

Introduction Brian Doran

Facing History and Ourselves is the greatest class I have ever taken. As you go through the class you learn so much information in a way unlike any other class. Trying to understand what this class is from my description is not possible and one must take the class and see for themselves how great this class truly is.  Before taking this class I was always hearing good things about it from everyone taking it including my brother, friends, and teammates. When you hear only positive things about something it has to be good so I decided to take the class.  I also knew that Mr. Gallagher was the teacher, I had him for sophomore history and he became my favorite teacher of all time. No teacher makes a connection with his students like Mr. Gallagher and this makes me want to focus and learn whatever he has to say.  Moving along, I am Brian Doran a 17 year-old senior at Westborough High School. I am one of three boys in my family and I fall in the middle.  I enjoy relaxing, hanging out with friends, going to the gym and most importantly playing lacrosse.  I am a pretty good student and enjoy learning about things that I am interested in and excel in these topics. Facing History and Ourselves is a class that I was very interested in.  The main focus of the class is not to learn a ton of factual information because there are no tests or quizzes. I feel the main focus of the class was to learn about who you are as a person and also about what causes things such as the Holocaust and by all means it doesn’t have to be to the severity of the holocaust. You learn how to be a moral human being and how to be accepting of everyone or everything. This class gives you a wealth of knowledge, information and skills if you are willing to let the course change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment